Wednesday

Sun Dog Cafe, St. John USVI - May 5, 2007

Sun Dog Cafe
Mongoose Junction, St. John USVI
May 5, 2007


Our first full day on the island found ourselves searching for bathing suits, bug spray and sunblock. Normally we would have packed these items but they were all down at our place in Florida and didn't get down there as often as we'd hoped this winter. The bug spray, it turned out, would be unbelievably needed. Some fared well (me) others were eaten alive (Mikey) by the mosquitoes that swarmed the island because of the heavy rainfall the weeks before we arrived. We were like a full-course meal for the critters.


Anyway, in one of the shopping centers called Mongoose Junction sits a tiny shack called the Sun Dog Cafe. Everyone I spoke to recommended it for their fish tacos, so naturally we went for it.


We sat at one of the tables scattered on the patio in between clothing shops, an outdoor bar called the Gecko Lounge and a cigar shop. The ammonia soaked rag that was used to clean off our table didn't set a good stage, but the dishes served to us hit the spot.


Danna ordered the black bean and grilled chicken quesadilla that was as good as this basic fare can get. My Mighty Mahi taco, served with three soft tortillas with perfectly grilled Mahi Mahi and a slightly fruity (mango) salsa was just right. Though I couldn't help but put a little extra hot sauce on it.


I'd certainly recommend this place for a quick bite while shopping around town - and stick to the local fare (fish tacos, etc.).


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so
I came to give it a look. I'm definitely enjoying the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to
my followers! Great blog and great style and design.


Also visit my blog ... cash advance fort myers
My web page > learn more

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home