Friday

Tabla Bread Bar, February 16, 2006

Tabla
11 Madison Ave.

I went and had a quick, late dinner last week at the Bread Bar. I've eaten at Tabla upstairs twice before, have had drinks on the street (the flights of Jack Daniels during the BBQ Block Party is too much fun/trouble) but this was my first time eating in the bread bar.

The room was about half full at 9:15pm and the "bar" seating was empty. So I sat at the bar and ordered the pulled lamb and mustard mashed potato "Naanini". The menu calls it a street sandwich that is drizzled with lime sauce and chilies and served with raita and shredded romaine. I call it delicious. The good deal of food that was well put together in texture, visual appeal and taste.

I washed it down with a Lagunitas Rich Copper Ale "The Censored" from Petaluma, California. The censored name, for those that might care, was "The Chronic", but someone wasn't happy about that. So they redubbed it The Censored. An excellent beer. One of the better ones I've had lately (it ranks up there with Otter Creek's Copper Ale from Vermont). Service was great. The young gentleman behind the bar with the widest smile and generally good service and timing was what you come to expect from a Danny Meyer restaurant and its staff.

photo courtesy of www.thetastingroom.com


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

aroma essential oils

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home