Wednesday

Valentine's Day Dinner at home

I find restaurants and the people eating at restaurants on Valentine's day to be annoying. The service, the often contrived "special menu", the guys who are trying to impress their new girlfriends, etc...

So Danna and I stay in instead...and I cook for her, something I don't get to do as often these days with work and school schedules as they are.

Tonight I made an herb crusted rack of lamb with sauteed spinach, steamed string beans and carrots shaped as hearts and flowers (okay, I am at least 30% cheesey) and a wine and lingonberry reduction on top .

The recipe for the rack of lamb was from Bill Telepan in the new New York food scene compilation titled "New York: Authentic Recipes Celebrating the Foods of the World" (Williams-Sonoma). Everything else was my doing.

Here's what it looked like:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home