Friday

Seven

Seven

After having been to Seven for drinks before a concert at MSG, I tried for the first time, dinner there tonight before the Eric Clapton show (which was excellent, btw), also at the Garden.

To start, I had the pear salad and thought it to be pretty good. Could have used a little more gorgonzola, but that's just me. Otherwise a good dish with hefty proportions of greens.

My wife had the clear vegetable soup to start. She thought it pretty and tasty but was served scorchingly hot. Again, portion size was good+.
For entrees, I had the steak sandwich with fries (instead of chips) and my wife had the lobster salad - which she said was very good and as AKR had mentioned, was well proportioned with a good amount of lobster. My steak sandwich was perfectly cooked (medium rare), the bread it was served on had a nice crunch to it and the dijon mustard I requested was delivered immediately.

For dessert we shared the special: a mediocre banana chocolate bread pudding. I had a cup of also mediocre earl grey tea.

The service here was suprisingly excellent. The bread service (a choice of 4 different kinds, pleasantly displayed in a basket), our waitress and the bussers were all incredibly pleasant and helpful...I was surprised.

I was able to get a reservation for 2 people, upstairs at 6:15 with a simple phone call at around noon. But they are likely required as the place was packed halfway through our meal.

I've been here for drinks and "tapas" or bar snacks pre-MSG concert before, but this was the first time I'd eaten a real meal here...but it won't be my last. This is a sure thing for a pre-Garden dining.

Oh, I only ordered a ginger ale (not feeling so hot) and my wife just had water. So two apps, two entrees (well, one was a $15 app), one dessert, tea and a ginger ale came to $70. Not bad at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home