Saturday

Jean Georges (Nougatine Room) - Jan. 11, 2008

Yet another lunch at the usually fabulous Nougatine Room at Jean Georges. Unfortunately, this lunch wasn't as stellar as others - but still very good nonetheless. Minor quibbles I suppose. The bartenders at JG are, for the most part, awful. This guy has been my bartender about three times now and each time he seems to irk me more and more. He reminds me of a less cockney version of Spud from TrainSpotting with less of a heart. But he's not the worst of the lot. That would go to a female bartender who's name escapes me. And I've delayed in returning to Jean Georges strictly because I don't want to deal with her. But there's another guy who's been at JG since it opened a decade ago who is pretty nice - but is a bit slovenly (time for a new apron! the thing is shredded). Anyway, on to the food...

Parsnip soup with honey roasted chestnuts. The soups at JG are almost always incredible. This was no exception - but, like a dish here and there - had one thing that was unnecessary - the rosemary. The rosemary added little to no flavor but did add the undesirable task of having to eat around them. I was suprised to see whole pieces of rosemary in it - one would expect, perhaps, to see a rosemary oil of some kind dotting the bottom of the plate instead...


Slow baked salmon with crispy mushrooms, etc. This was cooked flawlessly, and was no doubt a very good piece of salmon...but it was overly salty and the aioli was too, making it impossible to try with the fish.

Hazelnut cake, milk chocolate ice cream, passionfruit disk. This was pretty uninspiring. The chocolate ice cream was hard as a rock, the cake was pretty boring but the passionfruit flan or whatever it was, was nice and perky - a good foil to the chocolate. It just didn't wow.







1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My developer is trying to persuade me to move to .
net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.

But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on a variety of websites for about a
year and am worried about switching to another platform.
I have heard very good things about blogengine.net. Is there a way
I can import all my wordpress content into it? Any
help would be really appreciated!

Also visit my web blog: see this great post

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home