Tuesday

Burgers and Cupcakes

Burgers and Cupcakes

Thursday, April 5, 2007



Had lunch with an old friend and former colleague, after what seemed like ages, the other day. I chose BnC because it was close to his office and because I was curious about this joint from all the mixed reviews I'd read.
And after just 45 minutes, I understand why the reviews have been mixed. The burgers came out in a decent enough time, but they were simply not memorable. Nothing about them was out of the ordinary or even particularly good. I ordered mine with cheddar cheese and bacon. It was overcooked. More medium+ than the medium rare I requested.
The fries were okay, though my friend didn't get his for a good five minutes after the rest of the food had been delivered.
The space and rest of the service is adequate though certainly nothing to write home about unless of course the person you are writing is a 13 year old girl who loves the color pink. There's plenty of that.
The cupcakes were good. At least the "cake" part. The icing didn't work for me. I bought a "baker's dozen" assortment, which when I was growing up meant 13. For this place, it means 15. Not sure why that is...though I guess it fit in the box better that way. I gave 8 to my wife and her coworker's and the remaining to my coworkers. Everyone enjoyed them immensely with two people claiming it as the "best ever". I disagree, but it was a good cupcake.
Not really worth seeking out in part because of its location. If you have a hankering for a burger and cupcake right before you go through the Lincoln Tunnel...look no further, otherwise...go elsewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home